Camp Ashraf military occupation- No. 142
As announced earlier in NCRI statements 137, 138 and 141, since August 23, the Iranian regime’s Ministry of Intelligence (MOIS) and the terrorist Quds Force, fully supported by Iraqi forces under the command of Nouri al-Maliki and the Ashraf Suppression Committee in the Iraqi Prime Ministry, started installing two 15 meter poles at south of Ashraf for espionage, hampering communications and jamming.
As revealed in the above statements, these devices which are provided by the IRGC are similar to the ones installed in different districts of Tehran and various Iranian cities when the nationwide uprising in 2009 and 2010 emerged.
Further developments regarding Ashraf shows well that the mullahs’ regime seeks to extend its espionage operation and jamming through installing surveillance various towers, cameras and antennas in a bid to prepare the ground for further massacres and suppressive measures and at the same time prevent the public opinion from becoming aware of its crime against humanity. Some of these measures are:
1. At 10:30 a.m., September 3rd, the MOIS agents took new electronic equipments to their trailers at southern side of Ashraf and installed them.
2. On the same day, the agents installed powerful projectors on the 7-meter poles near their trailers in order to blind the sight of Ashraf residents to the trailers in order to hide their activities and espying away from the eyes of residents.
3. At 7 a.m. on September 7th, three MOIS agents, while having masked their faces, installed two new antennas on top of the tower at Tulips square; a number of 300 loudspeakers are installed on this same tower.
4. On the morning of August 8, two MOIS agents installed a number of surveillance antennas and cameras as well as other spying equipment on top of the tower at Tulips square.
5. Since August 8, in coordination with CPT Ahmed Hassan Khodheir, representative of the Committee tasked to suppress Ashraf, an engineering team from Iraqi Army 5th Division made larger the area where the agents of the MOIS and Quds Force are stationed. Ahmed Hassan Khodheir’s records of affiliation with the Iranian regime were previously disclosed in detail by the Iranian Resistance.
6. On August 9, the MOIS agents erected a six meter long surveillance antenna and installed a camera on it, four meters above the ground, at the eastern flank of Ashraf where the loudspeakers are installed. They also made three meter berms around the towers in order to block the residents’ sight over the agents’ activities.
7. Representative of the MOIS in Iranian regime’s embassy has told the agents who have been engaged in psychological torturing of the residents for twenty months that in coordination with Iraqi government, the Iranian regime will increase the pressure on the residents to close down the camp and the spying towers are installed around Ashraf for the same purpose.
In order to distort the fact, the religious fascism ruling Iran made an absurd lie in this regard. Mohsen Rezaei, former IRGC commander, claimed, “In a preventive measure, the PMOI has installed a tower for broadcasting jamming signals over Ashraf garrison to isolate the deceived elements in the terroristic camp the more. (Tabnak website, September 10, 2011).
While widespread attempts for seeking a peaceful solution for Ashraf are going on, these measures are a clear indication of ominous intentions of the mullahs’ regime and its Iraqi proxies for launching a greater massacre in Ashraf and for preventing a peaceful solution from being realized. Thereby, based on the UN Secretary-General’s report to the Security Council on July 7, the Iranian Resistance calls on the United Nations and the U.S. government to prevent recurrence of a humanitarian catastrophe through stationing the UN monitors in Ashraf permanently.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
September 10, 2011