Iran: Over one hundred hospitalized after inhaling toxic gas

NCRI – Over one hundred Iranians, mostly students, were hospitalized after inhaling a toxic gas in city of Zahedan southeastern Iran.

Zahedan provincial Gov. Abbas Ali Arjmandi said the gas was released after a worker from a private company dumped unspecified amounts of expired pesticides into a wastewater canal on Sunday morning.

Most of the students afflicted were from a nearby school and the residents in the area reported dizziness and nausea.

He did not identify the toxic gas in question or provide further details.

Back to top button
Close
Close