Iran: Mullahs’ judiciary confirms suspension of three officials linked to infamous detention center

The Iranian regime’s General Prosecutor on Monday confirmed reports that three judiciary officials linked to the heinous crimes committed at Kahrizak death camp have been suspended from work.

Gholamhossein Ejei added that the case of crimes committed by the regime’s agents at the University of Tehran’s dormitory is also being investigated separately.

During the unprecedented nationwide protests against the ruling theocracy, suppressive forces rounded up scores of demonstrators and placed many under cruel torture. Some of the detainees were transferred to the infamous Kahrizak detention center later dubbed as the Kahrizak death camp. A number of the detainees died under torture there, provoking public outrage which forced the regime to “launch investigations” as a way to deflate the growing protests.

The announcement of suspension of three judiciary officials comes as three of the fathers of victims killed by the regime at Kahrizak declared that they will not rest until justice has been served for their sons. The fathers are Abdolhossein Ruhol-Amini, Ali Kamrani, and Ali Javadifar.

The three officials have not been identified yet, but a well-informed source who requested anonymity said they are Saeed Mortazavi, Hassan Haddad and Ali Akbar Heydarifar.

There were complaints already filed against Saeed Mortazavi, Tehran’s former prosecutor, who had rejected all allegations related to Kahrizak against him. The case was reopened several weeks ago at the regime’s courts.

On June 30, following a closed hearing in February regarding the allegations against 12 suspects in the Kahrizak case, Tehran’s military tribunal announced that 11 have been convicted and one has been freed due to lack of evidence.

Four young men are known to have lost their lives under cruel tortures by the regime’s agents in 2009 in Kahrizak detention center. They were Mohsen Ruhol-Amini, Mohammad Kamrani, Amir Javadifar, and Ramin Aqazadeh Qahremani.

According to the state-run Fars news agency, Ejei also made reference to the violent attack by regime agents against the University of Tehran’s dormitory, saying, “This case is being investigated at Tehran’s military prosecution office. It is also monitored by the head of the judiciary and a 3-member panel. The investigations are going very well.”


Back to top button