At the behest of the Iranian regime , Iraqi government sets the stage for grave massacre at Ashraf

Camp Ashraf military occupation- No. 160

Iraqi Human Rights Minister Shia’ Sudani said on November 9th, “The Khalq organization [i.e. PMOI/MEK] is a terrorist organization. The Iraqi government intends to close the Camp Ashraf dossier at the end of the year. The Iraqi government deals the issue by providing them with two options. The first option is to voluntarily return to their country with guarantee from the United Nations and the Iranian party that has announced its readiness in this regard; and the second option is to find a third country.”

Concurrently, Abbas Bayati, an Iraqi Member of Parliament and ally to al-Maliki, announced: “The government’s decision based on closing down Camp Ashraf is irrevocable and will be implemented; the United Nations and European Union have also been notified of it.” He said, “this organization has three options: either return to their country and benefit from the public amnesty law; or a third country hosts them; or else the government will separate the camp and disperse them in various provinces, treating them as individuals and not as an organization.”

Also on November 6th, a mullahs’ hireling identified as Wathiq Moussavi released a statement in the name of ‘Najaf office’ of mullah Mohammad Ali Gorgani saying as, “The PMOI in Ashraf are an infidel group. They should be annihilated completely and in an ultimate manner.” Gorgani is a mullah residing in Qom who supports Khamenei and has never had an office in Najaf.

Earlier on October 27, acting Iraqi Interior minister of Iraq said, “Ashraf will be closed at the end of the year and its residents will be dispersed throughout Iraq to facilitate sending them to Iran or other countries.” The Iranian regime’s foreign ministry had also informed on October 23rd of a seven-point agreement with the Iraqi government for closure of Ashraf.

All signs indicate that the Iranian regime and its Iraqi proxies are planning for an unprecedented massacre. Through stonewalling and obstructing measures, they are preventing the initiation of the UNHCR’s process to reconfirm Ashraf residents’ refugee status in a bid to set aside all barriers in the path of this massacre.
The Iranian Resistance warns the U.S. President, Secretary of State and other relevant American officials, along with the UN Security Council and Secretary-General and the UN Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Iraq regarding a predictable bloodbath, calling for their immediate action to expedite the beginning of Ashraf residents’ refugee status reconfirmation process and prevent a new humanitarian catastrophe.

Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
November 12, 2011

Back to top button
Close
Close