-No.1 Sham Elections
“Free Political Prisoners,” “Not Gaza, Not Lebanon, My Life For Iran,” “Raisi 1988 Murderer”
Terrified of growing popular protests, the inhumane mullahs’ regime on the night of Wednesday, May 17th, dispatched a large number of Revolutionary Guards and paramilitary Basij members, alongside motorcycling units,
NCRI - The Prominent politician and former United States Senator from Connecticut, Joseph Lieberman, believes that a brief comparison of what is happening in the Iranian election with America and France indicates a true Iranian election would not be held. He indicated that the results are initially a decision that regime will make. Lieberman has served as a U.S. senator and vice presidential candidate.
NCRI - Iran’s state-run Resalat daily in its Tuesday edition on May 16th described questioning the mullahs’ crimes against the Iranian opposition People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) as a red line and a grave political sin.
NCRI - Intense factional feuding during the Iranian regime’s sham election campaign has led to the spokesperson for the judiciary announcing that a number of people had been detained for “stealing certain documents” at the request of one of “the campaign headquarters”.
Estimating the total value of smuggled goods remains a challenging calculation due to its illegal and secretive nature, according to a report wired by the semi-official Fars news agency.
Iran Regime's Presidential Candidate:'4% of Population in Today's Iran Are Rich While the Remaining 96% Are Poor"
NCRI - With the rival bands seeking their own share of power, Iranian regime’s election time is a time when more details of regime’s critical social and economic situation are inevitably revealed by the candidates, thus challenging the regime in its entirety.
NCRI - On May 12th a number of political prisoners in Zahedan Central Prison in southeast Iran issued a statement calling on the Iranian people, ethnic and religious minorities, especially the Sunnis to boycott the farce presidential election. The statement reads in part:
NCRI - One of Khamenei’s faction newspapers, “Resalat” in a May 15th editorial warned the existing regime’s president, who is running for reelection, Hassan Rouhani, “The path you stepped in will result in intrigue and an uprising.”
NCRI - In statements clearly aimed at attacking Rouhani, Iranian regime’s head of judiciary Sadegh Larijani said in his Monday May 15 speech “unfortunately some of the candidates acted in such a way as if they were regime opposition, blackwashing and questioning state’s legal entities, a measure that is definitely against regime’s interests.”